Arturia MiniLab w/Analog Lab VST

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
KatiMaya
Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:15 am

x

Arturia MiniLab w/Analog Lab VST

The MiniLab seems to work great in FL as a generic controller. However, it's a bit of a pain to get it to play nicely with Analog Lab VST...it *does* work, it just isn't as convenient as it ought to be and setting up the VST isn't all that intuitive. Since I've spent two days on this, I hope I can save others some time....the MiniLab controller is pretty awesome and Analog Lab sounds amazing.

UPDATE: Arturia gave me beta access their new MIDI Control Center that works with multiple Arturia controllers...it really is a night-and-day difference...tons better than the MiniLab MCC. If you want to actually do any programming of the controller beyond updating the firmware I strongly recommend contacting Arturia support and asking for access to their beta MCC.

Here's how I got it working on FL:

1. I updated everything to the latest version (Analog Lab 1.0.5, MMCC 1.1, Firmware 2.1.0.2)

2. I spent a ton of time screwing around with various programming settings in MMCC. Attached are the map files I have that finally work. If you care about your current settings, be sure to make backup copies. First, load the "absolute mapping" file and send it to mem #1. Second, load the "analog lab mapping" file and send it to mem #2.

3. Pop open FL. Under midi settings, tell Arturia MINILAB to listen on a specific port (I chose port 0).

4. Load Bank #2 with shift-pad2 (pad 2 should stay solid if you hold down shift button again)

5. Load up Analog Lab in VST. VST3 has some rendering issues, so just pick the VST2 (32 bit or 64 bit is up to you, this works on both)

6. Click on the "gear" icon and set the input port to the one that MiniLab is listening on (aka input port 0)

7. click on the "ALL" next to the midi dropdown and select channel 10. For some reason, the pads only work correctly when explicitly set to channel 10. You need them to work for the "snapshots" and "chords" features.

You should now be good to go. Unfortunately, you'll have to click on the gear icon to manually set the input port every time you want to use Analog Lab, and you'll have to manually unset the input port when you want to use the MiniLab control for other FL features. Also you'll need to switch back to bank 1 (shift-pad1). And of course when you want to use Analog Lab again, you'll have to turn the input port back on and switch back to bank 2.

I wrote up a detailed report to Arturia of the various issues I had with getting this figured out, and they assured me that they're working on this, and have asked me to participate as a beta tester to work out the kinks. Ideally it should be as simple as shift-pad1 to use FL features, shift-pad2 to use Analog Lab features.

Please let me know if this post has helped you or if you have any questions. I hope I can save you the time and frustration I went through to figure this out. The MiniLab is really cool, and the AnalogLab is quite comprehensive and sounds amazing, so I recommend this controller, it's just still a bit "beta", but it's definitely usable following these steps and I'm sure it won't be long before the kinks are worked out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Delshad1987
Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:19 pm

x

Re: Arturia MiniLab w/Analog Lab VST

I'm reading this 4 years after the original pos...

vstmonger
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:49 am

x

Got the Keylab essentials controller from Artur...

FidelityMusic
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:50 am

x

vstmonger wrote:and to top it off Analog 3 cras...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”