Fader generic link override not working with CC005

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
qwerty42
Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:30 am

x

Fader generic link override not working with CC005

This is probably a noob issue, but I can't figure it out: I'm using an M-Audio Axiom Air 49, and setting up the links in FL Studio so I can use the Axiom's controls. With its internal default assignments, the Axiom uses CC# 005 for its fader #7. When I link this to any of the mixer faders in FL Studio with the "override generic links" command, it doesn't work. The MIDI input activity light glows green whenever I move this fader, but for some reason the generic override link does nothing. All of the other faders on the Axiom link correctly and work as expected.

However, if I use the "link to controller" command to create a local link to this fader, it works just fine. Is there something special about CC#005 that is causing this problem? Is it pre-assigned for the generic controller mapping? If this is the problem, is there a way to automatically remove conflicts when creating persistent overrides? I'd prefer to make this a generic override so that it is persistent across projects, rather than having to re-assign it locally for each project.

Thanks!

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”