Novation Lauchkey 49 "in control"

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
aperturerecordings
Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:40 am

x

Novation Lauchkey 49 "in control"

A while back I purchased a Launchkey 49 as an inexpensive midi keyboard, that also had 16 velocity sensitive drum pads, 9 faders, and eight rotary knobs. A dream come true for such a low price. After reading up on their product website I thought it would be the best "bang for the buck" so to speak and ordered it with no further research. Upon opening the box and testing the functionality of the midi keyboard is where I was disappointed. Novation's claim that "in control instantly maps to all major daws" was false as there is no 'in control' support for the larger launch keys. The mini Launchkey that has 25 keys and no faders apparently has newer firmware and thus had the 'in control' support in Fl studio. Launchkey 49 works as a MIDI keyboard, but everything else must be mapped manually by using the 'multi link to controller' button in Fl Studio. Although the Launchkey 49 is not currently useless, the Launchkey 25 almost looks like the better choice even without the faders. The mini's beat pads are capable of being used like a Novation launchpad, which can trigger clips in performance mode and other handy features, unlike the 49 which is very limited with the drum pads without the 'in control' feature. In the end I still like the Launchkey, but it is missing a LOT of features that I had expected. I even emailed Novation asking them if their was any support for the ' in control' feature in FL Sudio and they just told me that their was no support for it at this time.

What I ultimately want to know is: Will the Launchkey 49 ever get the 'in control support like the Launchkey mini?

nucleon
Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:08 am

x

Re: Novation Lauchkey 49 "in control"

The support for both the older Launchkey keyboa...

nucleon
Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:15 pm

x

Re: Novation Lauchkey 49 "in control"

Improved support for Launchkey 25/49/61 Launchk...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”