Launchkey 49 - InControl doesn't work

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Flooper
Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:06 am

x

Launchkey 49 - InControl doesn't work

Just spent the last six hours or so trying to get Launchkey to work with FLstudio. It works in regard to normal triggering stuff but the Incontrol feature doesn't work.

I have researched and read everything I can from both here and Novation and am at a loss.

I am just reinstalling FL 11.1.1 again to see if I can get it to work. I'm a bit p'd off because you (Image Line) had a virus in your installer that was marked by WSA, Malwarebytes and Emsisoft. It turned the 350MB installer into a 500KB file that wanted me to install half a dozen dodgy programs. I think it was more of a PUP than a virus, but it's not a good sign when that happens. My system is virus free as I am a real security nut and have lots of levels of security. This happened after I uninstalled FL and tried to re-install it. Oh well.

There is a lot of confusing info on this Launchkey business. Does it actually work now? Do the lights come on on the controller?

I really have researched this in depth and don't know what to try next. The screenshot you give for the midi setup seems to be from FL12 as it is a vector display, but you are giving info for 11.1.1. What gives?

I even tried this -

Nucleon wrote:

------------
Turn off the InControl buttons for the faders or knobs and click the mixer window for the automatic control.

If that still does not work rename the file in this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 11\System\Config\Mapping\Generic\Controller presets

"Novation Launchkey.flmapping" to "Novation Launchkey (keyboard).flmapping"
--------------

But I still can not get the InControl feature to come on. In the last install of FL 11.1.1 it was already called "Novation Launchkey (keyboard).flmapping" so I didn't need to change it. This fresh install it needed changing, so I did and it still doesn't work.

And please sort out your installer. That is just cheap and nasty to put that crap on people's systems and I downloaded it from your server coz I thought it would be crap free.

Could you please confirm what the Launchkey is capable of doing and give some kind of instructions for idiots?

Thanks.

Flooper
Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:22 am

x

Re: Launchkey 49 - InControl doesn't work

I've included a screenshot of the dodgy install...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nucleon
Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:52 pm

x

That is not our installer. It seems you found a...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nucleon
Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:00 pm

x

For the Launchkey, make sure you install the re...

Flooper
Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:14 pm

x

Hi nucleon. If you read my post again, you wil...

Flooper
Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:18 pm

x

And btw nucleon, I have read that page you link...

nucleon
Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:48 pm

x

I misunderstood what you meant. But our install...

gol
Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:09 pm

x

Ok. I also told you that the version I download...

BonHiver
Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:41 am

x

This made my Launchkey 49 work perfectly. Thank...

nucleon
Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:15 am

x

Here is the layout in the zip: Launchkey.zip D...

Ravdeep
Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:22 pm

x

nucleon: Thanks for your post, this helped me ...

StRiven
Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:36 am

x

Launchkey 49 isn't recognized in FL12 at all......

Ravdeep
Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:41 pm

x

StRiven wrote:Launchkey 49 isn't recognized in ...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”