Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Bitclic
Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:52 pm

x

Problems using Alesis VI61 with Fl Studio 11

Hey everyone!

I just got myself an Alesis VI61 and I am wondering how to assign all the buttons to their dedicated functions?
The transport buttons won't work and the pitch and modulation wheel won't either :(

I searched for the solution the whole day but I don't get it to work.
People around the forums say that all "regular buttons" who are not assignable by right clicking and then "linking to controller" listen to MCC comands.
With the Alesis products comes an editor where you can map everything. Really nice and easy to understand editor.

So I looked up all the MMC signals, if you call them like this, and 02 should be the command for pressing the play button for example.
So I mapped the play button to 2 on the controller. It works the controller puts out a signal on "signal" 2. But Fl studio won't recognise it.
It won't activate "play" at least. And the midi input lamp besides the options bar highlights in green, which means that this signal isn't used inside the software yet (is free for other stuff).
This indicator should highlight orange, telling me this signal is used. So 02 isn't even the right signal :/

So any ideas what I am doing wrong?
I would be gald if anyone could help me. Because I am missing a whole lot of function because of this problem!

Cheers
Daniel

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”