Can somebody please help me set up my Novation Ultranova!

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
SonicSynthesis
Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:44 pm

x

Can somebody please help me set up my Novation Ultranova!

I'm having some issues with the Ultranova as a MIDI controller and it's Editor Software/Automap.

1.The problem with the MIDI control is that when i cycle through my patches on the synth it also cycles through my generators in the step sequencer instead of just staying still. How do i stop this from happening?

2. The Editor software won't work. I have it open as a generator in the step sequencer and changing any parameters on it won't affect the sound from the Ultranova. I'm using the 64bit version as the 32bit kept crashing FL. A driver was auto-installed when i installed the software, as a well as the synth getting a firmware update.

3. I don't understand what Automap is. I see that when active it mutes the Ultranovas output so i can use the soft synths without it playing at the same time, but is that not what the monitor knob is for? Also online it says that it has something to do with the learn/view/mixer/user etc. buttons on the synth but none of them are doing anything. I also don't understand what the port selecting in the Automap window is about. It's alien to me.

Halp.

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”