Losing Details of a Sound when Recording via Hardware synth

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
varun213
Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:44 pm

x

Losing Details of a Sound when Recording via Hardware synth

Hi guys, i've been having a small issue with my Hardware synth (DSI Prophet '08)

When I go to record a melody that I created in the midi out channel via audio clip I lose tonal characteristics of the sound when its converted to an audio clip. I would just export the created melody from the midi out channel but since I am using an external synth I have to convert any midi pattern to an audio clip so I can listen to the exported version.

what I have going on is I match the Port number of the Midi out channel to the Midi I/O port number in Audio settings. Once those are matched My Hardware synth /External midi keyboard/and Midi out channel are all connected and I can use either midi keyboard or midi out channel's piano roll to trigger the P8 synth. At this point everything works great I can manually enter in notes into the midi out channel and it will trigger the synth great. The problem comes in when I go to record the midi out pattern to an audio clip at this point I lose details of the sound like delays and/or decays sort of.

This issue does not happen when I record directly In as an audio clip like you would vocals but I do not have control of the timing/rhythm/velocity of the melody then. I reached out the P8 hardware synth forums and so far they are saying there must be an issue with FL studio.

Does anybody else have issues with hardware synths when converting a midi out pattern to an audio clip? Hopefully this makes sense.

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”