assigning channel rack instruments to different midi channel

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
bjorn-olav
Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:58 pm

x

assigning channel rack instruments to different midi channel

Hi folks! I have been Reading the forum for some months and here is my first post :)

I am quite New to this since I just started making Music again since the 90's. And wow! What a New world.
It is the first time I use midi keyboard and I got one question regarding playing multiple instruments at the same time.

I have a M-Audio Code 49 which has zone configuration. I use the first octave for channel 1 and the last Three octaves for channel 2.
I want to play one instrument on channel 1 and one on channel 2. I go to the channel rack in fl studio and click the instruments with the right button on mouse so that they light up green. The first instrument in the rack is controlled by channel 1 (first octave) and the second by channel 2 (three last octaves) this is very easy, but here it comes..

Whenever I do some changes only one instrument is lit up. If I want to use instrument #2 on midi channel 1 then I have to delete instrument #1 so that #2 is on top of the rack..

Is there a way to permanently have instrument #1 controlled by midi channel #1 and Instrument #2 by midi channel #2 and vice versa...
I am quite New to this so please let me know if my explanation does not make sense..

Hope someone can help me out :)

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”