APC40 (mk1) Custom Mapping Help

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
MystWalker
Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:43 am

x

APC40 (mk1) Custom Mapping Help

Hey all! I was hoping I could get some assistance from someone with knowledge of FL's internals, as I have a bit of a conundrum. I received a refurbished APC40 mk1 for Christmas, and I was over the moon to try out FL's Performance Mode. However, the default APC mapping has the horizontal tracks arranged on the vertical APC rows, and the vertical FL pads on the horizontal APC rows. This rotated track view is really throwing me off. Long story short, I would like to:

1) Rotate the Clip Launch, Clip Stop, Scene Launch, and Bank Select (called "Navigate x1" in the image below) pads 90 degrees to match FL's track orientation;
2) Rotate the result of the "Show Zone" button 90 degrees to match FL's track orientation;
3) Re-purpose the unused "Track Selection" buttons to scroll through tracks in groups of 5. (i.e.: Track Select 1 puts tracks 1-5 on the grid, Track Select 2 puts tracks 6-10 on the grid, etc.)

This is the default layout that the APC40 maps to:
APC40_Functions.jpg
But this (to me) is a bit hard to wrap my head around, so I'd like to change some of these inputs to:
APClayout.png
As mentioned before, the default mapping is rotated 90 degrees, so the "Show Zone" would also have to be rotated (from red to green):
APCgrid.png
A common place I see people get directed to is here, which gives some, but not all pad numbers/assignments. That page gives me the pad numbering for the Clip Stop pads, but not the vertical Scene Launch pads just to the right of them. (It also doesn't tell me if/how I can change the Bank Select keys.)

http://www.akaipro.com/files/misc/APC40map_500b.png

This all must be possible in some way - there is something telling the software to display a 5x8 red square over the current work area, and something to tell it how to shift the grid up/down/left/right based on key inputs. I just need to take that information and adjust it accordingly. However, I have no idea where to look.

I'm willing to get into the nitty-gritty for this (as I am a software developer), but I need to get pointed in the right direction first. Is there a config file hidden away somewhere that I could adjust? The only keys I see mapped under C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 12\System\Hardware specific\Akai APC are the pads in the upper left area of the controller, so there must be a file somewhere that contains the rest of the mapping for the other pads.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nucleon
Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:49 am

x

Re: APC40 (mk1) Custom Mapping Help

The Performance mode control is hard coded so w...

MystWalker
Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:32 pm

x

nucleon wrote:The Performance mode control is h...

nucleon
Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:33 pm

x

For FL 13 we plan user scripting for controller...

MystWalker
Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:44 am

x

nucleon wrote:For FL 13 we plan user scripting ...

Mister Nosu
Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:04 am

x

nucleon wrote:We may simply rotate the control ...

Geyser67
Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:27 pm

x

please see my post on the APC mapping issue as ...

Mister Nosu
Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:54 am

x

nucleon wrote:We may simply rotate the control ...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”