Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Kybernaut
Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:17 pm

x

BCR2000 full incremental setup preset

Hi,

I recently bought a BCR2000. Nice hardware, for my non-professional usage it is absolutely fine.

I bought the BCR for having lots of encoders to control my synths while performing and fine tuning automation data. I hoped (but wasn't sure about it), that the following scenario is working:
a) Link encoder to controller in FL Studio, turn physical encoder, FL studio controller changes accordingly.
b) Save current project, turn physical encoder, reopen project, see original value on the BCR2000 (LEDs around encoder change back to value when project was saved).

a) is working like a charm, no problem here.
b) is not working. Unfortunately I didn't find this thread
http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 0&t=109865
before I bought the BCR2000. Tygron is trying lots of things in there, but unfortunately doesn't find a solution for b).

But: Tygron found out a lot of things! He showed in this excellent post (http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 5#p1146064) how to get incrementing and decrementing encoders to work, using the BC Manager by Mountain Utilities (check google, https://www.google.de/search?q=BC+Manager). The Manager is a little old fashioned, and the way Tygron describes the manual setting of all 56 encoders is very error prone and hard to do (but it is working excellent).

I downloaded the manager, looked at the bcr-files and decided to write a small C#-script, for generating the necessary data. So attached to this post you will find several things:
  • A preset file for preset number 16 of the BCR2000, containing all 56 encoders set to increment and decrement. You can send this to your BCR2000 via the BCManager.
  • A preset file containing the inc/dec preset 16, and all other default presets that were on my BCR2000 when I bought it (presets 1 to 14).
  • The C#-source code and a small .exe-file for generating the preset 16. Maybe someone wants to change it to his needs.
Thank you very much, Tygron, for your good work. Also thank you to Mark van den Berg, developer of BC Manager.

Further details:
  • In preset 16, all LEDs on all encoders are turned off, as they don't have any meaning when in inc/dec-mode.
  • The rotational speed is configured to 10 and 10000. That means, if you turn slowly you can have very precise control of the controller value. If you turn faster you can rush through the values pretty fast. It seems to me, as if this is not working properly. Maybe someone has an idea?
  • For perfect usage in FL Studio, I prefer setting a mapping formula of Input*0.1 for the linked controller. Anyone got a clue, how to automate this? It's very annoying to do this for every linked controller.
  • The C#-program accepts three arguments on the command line: header-BCR-file, footer-BCR-file and target name. If you do not know what I'm talking about, I'm sorry, but I won't do a complete help file for the C#-code. Look into the code, it is really simple and straight forward. Has been made with VS Express 2012.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tygron
Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:28 pm

x

Re: BCR2000 full incremental setup preset

Yo dude good work. I haven't checked out your p...

Zuckuzius
Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:49 pm

x

Hello together, I made a tutorial for using FL...

danaf
Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:05 am

x

Hey Timo - thank you so much for all your work!...

Jasper_odijk
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:33 pm

x

Based on Timo's tutorial, I have set up 2 Contr...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”