Launchpad Pro Custom Lightshow Setup

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Vekktone
Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:11 am

x

Launchpad Pro Custom Lightshow Setup

Hi, can someone please explain how to make custom light patterns on the launchpad pro in Fl? I have the MIDIOUT/IN on channel 195 in my MIDI settings, and I have a MIDI OUT plugin on the same channel (195). I can change where on the grid the light shows up based on where I am in the piano roll, but I can't seem to change the color of the note. I read on the help page for the Launchpad Pro on this forum (here: http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?t=145029, very bottom of the page under "Animations") that you need three separate MIDI channels to control the Light, Hue, and Saturation of the pads, but it is kind of vague and I am unsure how to do this correctly.

I'm stuck on the basic white light of the pad and can't make it any other color. How do I go about linking these parameters to my MIDI channels? I'm trying to make my own light patterns and animations formy own music. I've done it before on the Launchpad S but with that controller, the velocity of the note was how you changed the color. For the new Launchpad Pro, this is not he case anymore...

I really want to figure this out because I love FL Studio and know that the Launchpad can work well with it even though it was primarily designed for Ableton Live. I have the lite version of live and I can really tell how much more integrated and seamless the work flow is, but I still want to be able to make my light shows in Fl studio because that is where I do the bulk of my production. Thanks for any help in advance. I can provide further info if necessary.

Vekktone
Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:02 am

x

Re: Launchpad Pro Custom Lightshow Setup

FidelityMusic (IL) wrote: You must use MIDI Ch...

FidelityMusic
Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:54 pm

x

Vekktone wrote:Once I go to piano roll and star...

Vekktone
Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:33 pm

x

Thanks for your response and sorry for the late...

Vekktone
Sun May 07, 2017 7:44 pm

x

[UPDATE] Launchpad Pro Custom Lightshow Setup

Okay, so sorry for the long response time but I...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last bumped by Vekktone on Sun May 07, 2017 7:44 pm.

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”