Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
catghoti
Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:16 pm

x

M Audio Code Multi Channel

Hello All,

I apologize in advance if this question has been answered. I'm too impatient to search the entire forum, or to dig through the manual for that matter. :(

My problem is this:
I have an M Audio Code 61, which, as you may already be aware, has the ability to break the keyboard up into zones and output said zones on different midi channels. I've been trying to use this feature to control different aspects of Reaktor Blocks with just the one keyboard, but it still seems to receive all incoming midi data on only one channel with six octaves, as opposed to my intended goal of each octave being a different midi channel.
I thought maybe I was somehow routing it incorrectly inside of Reaktor, but upon further experimentation, I've noticed that I have the same problem if I try to use each octave to control a different VST. I simply just have one keyboard with six octaves controlling only the selected channel.

I've zoned the keyboard properly, and assigned each zone to a different channel inside the keyboard itself. My problem seems to have something to do with how the controller is communicating with the DAW.

Again, I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. I've been using FL for several years now, but have only recently attempted "more complicated" midi routing. I've previously only had a one-controller setup, which is still technically true, although I should be able to use it as though it was more than one device. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and screenshots would be an absolute godsend.

NTO
Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:39 pm

x

Re: M Audio Code Multi Channel

You can use menu Options > Debugging log to ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

catghoti
Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:06 pm

x

Thank you for your help! It now seems that the ...

NTO
Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:31 pm

x

Yes, I agree w/your channel statements. FWIW, ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NTO
Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:39 pm

x

Just looking at the manual. Seems easy enough....

catghoti
Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:17 am

x

Yeah, I've followed the instructions for zoning...

catghoti
Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:38 am

x

Scratch that. Seems like their support's not so...

FidelityMusic
Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:46 pm

x

To be sure whether or not the issue is related ...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”