[Solved] MPD226 Note Repeat/Clock Sync not working

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
yogaframe
Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:42 am

x

[Solved] MPD226 Note Repeat/Clock Sync not working

I recently got an MPD226 and so far all the integration with FL studio (12) has worked fine except note repeat. I've followed all the steps I see in most videos and tutorials, e.g.
http://noterepeat.com/products/akai-pro ... -studio-11

Steps I've done:

In FL midi options:
-Make sure 'MPD226' input is enabled
-Make sure 'MPD226' output has send master sync enabled
-Make sure sync type is 'MIDI Clock'

On MPD:
-Make sure MPD Clock is set to "External" in global settings
-Transport controls are set to MMC (and they work fine to control FL studio)
-Make sure FL studio is playing and/or recording (I've read clock signal is not sent unless DAW is playing, so note repeat only works during play)
-Have Note Repeat toggled on, Time Div toggled on, and one of the time div options set

I've also tried this with having a sync port set or not set on the FL Midi out options. It doesn't seem to affect anything, but having one set allows me to use the midi out plugin to make the pad lights change color on activation for certain channels so at the moment I do have a port set, but it didn't work either way.

Thanks!

[EDIT: Solved] I read a post where someone said restarting and having FL Studio open before turning the MPD on worked for them. For me I was finally able to get it working after restarting, but it actually took several restarts of FL studio, and I think for the one that finally worked the MPD was already on when it opened. Not sure if it was related, but it seemed to finally work after I accidentally opened a different project and tried it in there. It worked, then I opened the original project where I was having trouble and that one worked. Seems to be all good now.

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”