LaunchKey 25 InControl mode - Are the knobs meant to work?

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
robax
Sat May 13, 2017 11:46 am

x

LaunchKey 25 InControl mode - Are the knobs meant to work?

Hi all

I purchased FL Studio Signature and a Novation Launchkey 25 for myself as my Christmas present last year and am finally getting stuck into it all now.

I Previously had Reason and a Novation Remote 25LE. Those two worked together right out of the box and I was able to use the keyboard knobs in various Reason synths without any further messing around. All I had to do was select a template in the keyboard any everything just worked. I was looking for the same out of the box functionality with FL Studio and the Launchkey.

I've generally got things working with the new setup, however what I'd like to know is whether the 8 knobs on the keyboard are meant to do anything in InControl mode in FL Studio without any further manual setup?

I note that the first two knobs send a selection box around the Playlist panel, but none of the knobs do anything other than that.

I was expecting them to be configured by default to operate some of the basics in the included synths. I've not found this to be the case.

I was also expecting them to operate the mixer, and that is in fact mentioned in the docs, but that also doesn't work (yes I have focus on the mixer when I test this).

If I turn Incontrol mode off, I can set the knobs up in the normal FL Studio manner, but the whole point was to make use of some ready to go configuration via the InControl feature.

So the question is - Are the knobs meant to do anything in InControl mode by default, and if so, what are those things, and what's the trick for getting them going?

I've read all the docs and everything else seems to work.. just not the above.
Thanks for any advice on this.
Rob

robax
Wed May 17, 2017 11:35 am

x

Re: LaunchKey 25 InControl mode - Are the knobs meant to work?

Thanks again for the reply nucleon I've record...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”