Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
tomatoKetchup
Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:13 pm

x

Send Master Sync issue: high pitched infinite note

Heelo,

I'm trying to MIDI sync my Fl Studio 12 to my Roland SH-201 keyboard. The synthesizer is connected to the computer via its midi ports, using a Prodipe USB-to-MIDI cable. I basically want to use the MIDI Out plug'in to send MIDI performance to the synth and record its output to my audio interface.

The issue appears when I want to sync my SH-201 clock to FL Studio's one. I already made sure that the SH-201 is properly configured internally (there an option to chose the MIDI clock source and I set it to MIDI so that the source is the one received on the keyboard's MIDI OUT socket).

In FL Studio's MIDI settings, I set the "USB MIDI interface" (that how the SH-201 is listed) to "Port 0" and did the same in the MIDI Out channel. Without the "Send Master Sync" ticked on, everything works absolutely fine, all MIDI notes recorded on the MIDI Out channel are properly transmitted to the SH-201. But as soon as I tick it on and hit the "Play" button, something weird happens: all the notes recorded on the MIDI Out channel are still playing, but there is also a high pitched note being "sent" and it never goes off, and so my SH-201 plays this note constantly until I hit the "Stop" button of FL Studio. And when trying to play the keyboard while FL is still in "Play" mode, it triggers one random note as well as the note I'm actually playing (that doesn't go off either).

That only occurs when hitting "Play". Playing the SH-201's keyboard (or any MIDI controller with the MIDI Out channel selected) while the song is not playing does not create any issue.

I attached a mp3 to illustrate the issue: the exact same pattern is played and recorded twice, first without "Send Master Sync" and then with it on.

Has anyone come across that issue before and what to do to fix that?

Thanks for reading.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NTO
Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:55 pm

x

Re: Send Master Sync issue: high pitched infinite note

Only thing I see different (outside the clock i...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tomatoKetchup
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:43 am

x

Thanks NTO, but I don't think that's the issue,...

NTO
Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:45 pm

x

Local on not part of midi path for loop. "Unfo...

tomatoKetchup
Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:41 pm

x

That one handy little tool, thanks for that! ...

NTO
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:08 pm

x

I don't remember the context, but there was a c...

tomatoKetchup
Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:51 pm

x

Ah ah! Blaming the cable was quite tempting...

NTO
Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:18 pm

x

Here's another try... In MOX, under View, you h...

NTO
Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:29 pm

x

I'm inclined to point at the SH. I have used Y...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”