MMC/MIDI CC Mapping Confusion: AxiomAir32, MPK Mini, X-Touch (FullSize)

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
80kproductions
Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:11 am

x

MMC/MIDI CC Mapping Confusion: AxiomAir32, MPK Mini, X-Touch (FullSize)

Hey all. I'm in a bit of an odd situation here. I have a studio location for a friend and I to work on our production being set up with FL as our main DAW. Everything is set to work fine EXCEPT..... My teammate and I are having issues with our MIDI mapping. We have an Akai MPK mini and an Axiom Air 32 that we want to have some more advanced controls on. We want to be able to control the transport functions (play, stop, rec) and arrow keys/select button (4 way D-pad and center button) on the Axiom and we want to be able to control X/Y mapping with the Akai's joystick.

I have read multiple forum posts, watched videos, and visited manyb 3rd party sites to research this, and no one has seemed to have solved this issue on either IL forums or M-audio's. My researching skills aren't the most keen clearly, but this is what I have son far:

Axiom issue: Play/stop/rec are transport functions. These are MMC, not MIDI CC, so I cannot 'link to controller'.
first potential solution: I was thinking of getting some joystick mapping software like Joy2Key (doesn't work for MIDI controllers without windows recognizing the controller as such, i dont know how to do this), Bome (which I just downloaded the trial of and am not 100% how to use yet), and MIDI-OX, but these are solutions I am trying to figure out as of today. Still not too knowledgeable of MIDI custom patching.
Second Solution: Use one of those programs (or another) to map the MIDI CC #'s of the play/stop/rec buttons on the controller to "R" and spacebar. (But then I wouldn't have a separate button for starting and stopping the song, right...?)

Akai issue: The X axis has no problem. The Y axis, when set on a default mapping formula, is always at the lowest point on the axis. In other words, the Y axis is always at the bottom. If I max out the joystick to the top (north, foreword), the Y axis is set at zero.
Potential solution: Find a mapping formula that lets me start at 0 on the Y axis AND lets me go all the way to the top and bottom of the axis.

Haven't found many solutions just yet... any help?! Am I f**k?! I just spent money to get a Beringer X-touch sent to me, so I want to be able to scroll thru my menus, select things, and have transport controls on that too.... I don't wanna have to return this stuff because I can't map my own things exactly how I want!!! *millennial whining*
Tell me I can make these play functions work!

Please let me know if I left anything out/made any typos. Thanks, love yall.

!!! INSTANT EDIT!!! : Forgot to mention, I want the arrow keys on the Axiom/X-touch to be mapped to the arrow keys on my keyboard if I can't map them to any specific functions in FL (which btw would TOTALLY suck if I couldn't)!!!
Last edited by 80kproductions on Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”