Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
maufje
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:48 pm

x

Stuck note from midi keyboard

Hi all,
A few years ago I reported an issue about a stuck note on my midi keyboard. I gave up the project as it seemed like a big and potentially expensive deal, but now I am giving it a new try! I will do most of the research myself, but I just have a few questions incase someone have any experience with this.
So I am using the same midi-keyboard as before (its a Yamaha S80 Synthesizer), the same midi-cable (no brand, looks kinda cheap), but a new computer. I have also tried on other computers, and the issue is the same on all: the midi keyboard occationally gets stuck notes while playing. This happens on all VSTs I have tried (I have tried some of Image Line's VSTs too).

The FAQ on this page says that if you get a stuck note, you can try check or uncheck something about stealing focus. I have tried this, and it did not help. The FAQ then says its not much to do about it. My main question is what does this mean? Can I not try to get a better midi-keyboard/cable? Is this a problem that I should expect? Are FL Studio not meant to play long songs, only short chord-testing?
I also wonder about the midi-cables.. Are some cables better than others? I remember reading an article earlier that you should buy from a "famous" dealer, such as Roland, but it seems now that they have discontinued this cable. Is this not the way to go anymore? Do newer keyboards use a different cable?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

NTO
Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:11 pm

x

Re: Stuck note from midi keyboard

It would provide more information if you can ca...

maufje
Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:07 pm

x

You mean like this? The note that is pressed d...

NTO
Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:12 pm

x

Yes, F5 in that display Do the misses appear ra...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by NTO on Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

maufje
Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:01 am

x

Cool! I am gonna run this as soon as I get home...

maufje
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:45 pm

x

I have finished the test: Obviously something ...

NTO
Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:00 pm

x

I have several midi setups that run error free,...

NTO
Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:42 pm

x

Found this on a guitar board 2017-08-15_BadMidi...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

maufje
Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:27 pm

x

Audio interface? I think this is as far as my k...

NTO
Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:38 pm

x

It's likely the S80 would be okay with a good i...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”