Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
odiorner
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:00 am

x

Trouble Recording Alesis Command Electronic Drum Kit

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone here could help me with a couple problems I'm having while recording an Alesis Command Electronic Drum Kit in FL Studio 12. Essentially, I'm having two main issues here:

1) I can record myself playing in Edison when I route FPC to the same mixer track that I have Edison on. However, I can't seem to figure out how to get the drum hits/notes into the FPC piano roll. I'm using a MIDI/USB interface (FORE USB IN-OUT MIDI Interface Converter/Adapter with 5-PIN DIN MIDI Cable for PC/ Laptop/ Mac), and FL Studio recognizes the MIDI input. However, I still can't get the drum hits into the piano roll for stuff like soft editing and post recording sample customization. How do I map the MIDI notes into the piano roll while playing the drum set?

2) I actually like some of the presets on this drum kit module such as the jazz and ska presets. So not being able to map the MIDI notes in piano roll would be disappointing, but it wouldn't be completely game-breaking. Ultimately, if I can't map the MIDI notes, simply recording the audio from the drum module would probably suffice. I'm able to record with Edison, but it doesn't pick up some of the hi-hat movements I'm playing. Specifically, it's not registering changes in hi-hat playing such as hi-hat chokes (quick change from open hi-hat to closed hi-hat). This is pretty annoying since techniques like that can add a lot of character to a beat, and I'd like to be able to implement that into my songs. Is there a way to work around this problem, or is there a way to simply record ONLY the audio from the module instead of MIDI?

I've been searching the forums, Googling around, reading the drum kit manual, and reading the FL Studio manual. However, I haven't found any solutions to these problems so far. If anyone here has some insight into how I could fix these problems or even some resources to direct me to, I would greatly appreciate it! If you need any more information on my setup and other things I've tried, just let me know, and I'll reply as soon as I can. Thank you so much!

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”