Edirol PCR 800/500/300 Dual and Split Mode Unsupported in FL ?

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
vickyloops
Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:24 pm

x

Edirol PCR 800/500/300 Dual and Split Mode Unsupported in FL ?

Hi there,
I've been using a PCR 800 for some time now and everything seems fine, except that the Dual and Split mode feature doesn't seem to work in FL...
Or maybe I haven't properly done the right setup for this to work ?
In Edirol's PCR 800/500/300 series you can control & define two different 'virtual' keyboards, each respectively trigered/assigned by the 'LOWER' & 'UPPER' buttons
You can assign each of them to a different MIDI channel

Dual Mode (when pressed) lets you play both the Upper & Lower sounds from the keyboard
Split Mode let's you assign the two virtual keyboards (Upper & Lower) splitted on the physical keyboard layout (customisable split point...)

The problem is that FL don't actually change the current 'FLStudio Instrument' channel when you change it by pressing
the LOWER & UPPER buttons...(though the actual 'Midi' Channel is effectively changed)

So with this feature not working, the SPLIT and DUAL modes cannot work, of course (except if you test it with the 3 assignable Midi preconfigurable features : Live Mode, Song Jump & Mute Mode)

To make it short, can we assign any FLS Instrument channel to any Midi channel of our choice ?
(this feature is natively supported in Sonar)

Has anybody tested this feature and make it work in FLS (tested in both FLS 8 & 9...)

If unsupported, FLS Team please make it work as it is a very cool feature of the PCR series... ;)

Thanks
Last edited by vickyloops on Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vickyloops
Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:40 pm

x

my mistake... Why don't we read (again & a...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”