US-428 Remote Control assignment issues

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
shagmasterk
Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:18 am

x

US-428 Remote Control assignment issues

Hello, I've had my US-428 set up to use w/ FL for some time now, but never really tried to get into controlling other than the transport controls until recently. I'm now trying to set up a default file with everything already mapped. In the mixer window, i've been able to assign the master fader and all of the channel faders except 1 and 3 to insert faders. FL sees midi activity when i move faders 1 & 3, but won't map the inserts to those two. Anyone else run into this curiousity? I can't figure out what data FL is receiving when i move those faders, but it just won't map to the faders like the others do.

Also I'm wondering if the select buttons can be assigned to select channels in the Channel Window, and the mute buttons can be assigned to mute/solo the channels as well, possibly with the aid of the bank select buttons to get up above channel 8. There is also the pan knob that would be cool to be able to change channel panning when the channel is selected. I can get it to control one or several at once, but not JUST the channel that's selected. would be sweet if these controls could also act similarly in whichever window happens to be active, like panning in the mixer window as well as panning the channels in the channel window. I've seen people discussing using the US-428 settings to get other controllers to work, and saw a post about BOME's midi translator, and i'm wondering if that might be a solution. trying to figure out what was being discussed in those threads kinda blew my mind, but i'm willing to plow into it if it will allow me more use of the control surface.

I'm surprised that as long as the US-428 has been around, the only controls that seem to work when you select it as your controller type are the transport controls and the jog wheel. It's certainly nice to have them, but there's a heckuva lot more it could do. Thanks for any help or suggestions!

shagmasterk
Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:47 am

x

figured out the Omni mode

OK, after further reading in . . . wait for it ...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”