Global links per window, local links not?

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
pipboy
Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:47 pm

x

Global links per window, local links not?

Hi all,

I think I miss something wrt to controller links. If I setup global permanent links to have my MIDI controller (BCR 2000 btw) control some VSTi's knobs, those links are only applied if the respective VST window is focused. I understand that and it's clearly mentioned in the manual ("The focused window or plugin controls the global link/s that are active "). But: if I setup a local temporary link, e.g. via the multilink feature, these links are active no matter if the window is focused or not. This means, I can't use the same hardware knob to control parameters of different VSTis, at least not on the same MIDI channel. I do understand that this is something one might want, ie. each parameter assigned to a unique hardware knob. But can't I tell FLS to activate local links to the currently focused window, as it already does with global links?

I've attached two examples: the first sets up global links using two different VSTis. Both time the same four hardware knobs are assigned. Only the focused window receives the hardware controller messages. The second example sets up local links. As a consequence, the same hardware knob now controls the respective parameter of both plugins at once.

What do other users do? Always use different knobs and/or different MIDI channels?

Regards,
Andre

Sorry if the question has been asked many times before, I could not find the proper information using the forum search.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”