Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
scoops
Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:42 pm

x

issues while recording from midi keyboard

Hi,

When I record midi data from my keyboard, sometimes while I'm playing, the connection between the keyboard and the plugin seems to crash in the following ways:

Sometimes all the notes on my keyboard seem to be rerouted to the lowest note on the plugin eg. every note I play is recorded as the bottom note of a keyboard.
Sometimes the last note played becomes sustained even when i release the key.
Sometimes the connection seems to end and nothing happens when I press the keys.

It usually goes back to normal when I select the plugin I want to record to again... but occasonally some of the controls within the plug-in seem messed up, as if they've been tweaked.
Also sometimes the play/record stops without warning, or the song/pattern position returns to the beginning.

I'm not sure whether the issue is with my keyboard, FL, or the connection between the two. It usually seems to happen when I'm playing quite fast - obviously my keyboard gets a good pounding sometimes - so it seems to happen when there's lots of midi data to record. This made me suspect FL was having trouble processing all the data. At first I thought it happened more frequently when the CPU usage was high ie. if there was a video clip running or something... but now I'm not so sure. I've tried playing with the options in the audio settings panel, but haven't noticed any difference in how often it happens.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”