MIDI vs Samples; Instruments vs Effects

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Necrovore
Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:19 pm

x

MIDI vs Samples; Instruments vs Effects

Basically I'm trying to play my guitar through Morphine.

I know there is MIDI data, which is essentially discreet computer data generated by the keyboard, piano roll, or other midi device. On the other hand, I know there is sampling, which is recorded sounds or signals from microphones or pickups.

Then I understand that there are effects (eg Hardcore) , which alter various signals in FL studio, such as samples or signals. With these effects, you have to start with something. In contrast to this, there are instruments/generators/synthesizers, like Morphine, which take MIDI signals and make sounds "out of thin air."

I have my Digitech RP250 communicating with my computer. I can record with Edison and apply various effects to it. What I can't get to work is to make it work with Morphine. I suspected I wouldn't be able to do this, because it's essentially a different kind of data (signal not MIDI). However, I'm hoping I'm actually wrong and there is some way to essentially play guitar through the various instruments such as Morphine. Think of how cool it would be to essentially make any type of timbre you can cook up in Morphine or any other instrument.

Is there a way to pull this off? Or does anyone know of a similar approach to achieve what I am trying to pull off?

NTO
Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:03 pm

x

Re: MIDI vs Samples; Instruments vs Effects

Sonuus GM2 is a true plug-and-play solution for...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”