Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Hedgez
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:05 pm

x

Mod / Pitch Wheel not working when controlling MicroKorg

Hello folks,

first of all, I'm not a native English speaker so please apologize if my terminology or something else is incorrect.
I recently bought a new midi keyboard and it seems to be working fine with plugins. But I also want to use my midi keys to control a MicroKorg.

These are the problems I can't seem to solve:

1: The amount of pitch bending I get out of using the pitch bend wheel is far to low (not even half a semitone, while the MicroKorg slides 2 semitones up & down).
2: The mod wheel doesn't work at all.

Troubleshooting I've done so far:

-Both wheels on midi keyboard work in plugins

-Both wheels work on MicroKorg

-When using the MicroKorg itself (not via the midi keyboard): If I hold a note and slowly move the pitch bend wheel, everything works fine (as stated above), but if I stop moving the wheel (regardless of its position) the pitch reverts back to normal. I think this is because of the midi keyboard's pitch wheel position overriding the MicroKorg's wheel. Note: this is not always the case.

-Checked debugging log:
M-Audio Oxygen 49/61: E0 00 40 Pitch Bend
Handled (first chance) Absolute 50%
M-Audio Oxygen 49/61: B0 01 74 Control Change: Modulation wheel
Handled (first chance) Absolute 91%
This is what it should look like, am I right?

-Set midi keyboard to default setting

Equipment:

-FL Studio 20.5
-M-Audio Oxygen 49 keyboard connected via USB
-Used Plugin: MIDI Out, MicroKorg Preset
-PreSonus Studio 68 USB interface
-MicroKorg connected via MIDI cable to Interface

I would be really glad if someone could help me, since I bought this keyboard solely because my old one didn't have a pitch or mod wheel. So as of now, my purchase is pretty pointless :mrgreen:

Edit:

Just noticed that the pitch wheel issue is also present for some plugins. FL's top left corner says +200 cents/-200 cents, but it really bends only 50 cents. The animated Pitch wheel in the plugin's GUI also just moves slightly. Only on some plugins, others work fine.

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”