[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Tben
Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:34 am

x

Multiple MIDI controllers LIVE to play instruments

I have two usb midi keyboards I use:

M-audio Axiom 49
M-audio Keystation 88

I want to program settings in FL Studio so that each keyboard can play instruments independently.
(e.g. have two instances of Kontakt, or Sytrus, or other instruments open that will play only when a specific keyboard is used)

So far in FLS whatever instrument is selected at the time will play via ANY midi keyboard that is pressed. ...and if no instrument is selected nothing will play.
Although it can be nice while editing...it is undesired when wanting to play live...
Is there any way two people can use the same instance of FLS to play instruments independently of each midi keyboard?
(i.e. two keyboards plugged into the same instance of FLS, each assigned to different ports, that each play their own designated instrument(s))

I know other daws let us specifically assign a midi port and channel to an instrument...can we here? :(

e.g.
*MIDI out plugin [play only when receiving info from port 1 channel 1] ->midi out plugin then can be assigned like normal to send to whatever port and midi channel your instruments are on.

*Sytrus plugin loaded [assign to play only when receiving info from port 2 channel 2]

NTO
Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:55 am

x

Re: Multiple MIDI controllers LIVE to play instruments

seems you have an extra layer of complexity (no...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”