BassDrum occasional click noise problem

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
GeorgeZ
Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:20 am

x

BassDrum occasional click noise problem

There seems to be a bit of a problem with BassDrum where every now and then there seems to be a click emitted. Now, I've had a look at my settings, changed them and had a play with some of my other presets, and all seem to exhibit this behavior. The attached audio file has 2 kicks. The first is one without the click, the second is the same kick (the were both recorded in one go with nothing changed of course), but with a click noise at the end of the decay. I've also attached a picture with the setting (maybe I'm doing something silly that is causing this). Last but not least is a sample made by auto slicing the 2 kicks (try it if you like but be sure to have a lim on your master channel in case something goes wrong!) in Edison, dragging them to 2 samplers, routing one to insert 1, the other to insert 2, and inverting the phase on insert 2. This nulls the output... or should have in anyway. With a 30 db gain increase (BE CAREFUL IF YOU'RE TRYING THIS in FL YOURSELF!) it's painfully clear something is going wrong here... as the only part audible in this would be the difference between the two kicks, which in this case is a great big ruddy click!

Pretty sure it's not user error, so might be something for Maxx to look at (BTW, really nice pluggy Maxx, generally use it to make samples though because of this problem).
Bassdrum settings.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

clint
Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:01 am

x

Re: BassDrum occasional click noise problem

I use 808's a lot and was exited when they intr...

GeorgeZ
Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:50 am

x

Not a biggy, to me in anyway, as I use it for l...

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:59 pm

x

Could you check if it happens with this version...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”