Wave Candy fatal error in all FL 11.1 versions (32/64 bit)

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Delphinidae
Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:28 pm

x

Wave Candy fatal error in all FL 11.1 versions (32/64 bit)

I installed the new update today, for the geeky 64 bitsness. Little did I know that the "release" version had critical bugs! I was able to solve loading my plugins by myself unlike some of the others here, but then one of the factory plugins did me in.

Wave Candy, you see, will throw a fatal error in every version of FL (in 32-bit, 64-bit and "compatible memory" alike, no difference). The problem is that every single one of my projects uses Wave Candy on the "Selected" track for added monitoring of selected mixer tracks, meaning every single one of my projects crashes the software now. The error is "fatal" because the FL engine is not able to recover gracefully: I can't close the program and no audio will play after the error.
B.png
The factory preset for Wave Candy loads just fine, however.

I did a fallback to v10.0.9 and tried to copy my Wave Candy preferences over to v11.1 one by one to see where it went wrong.
I was able to find the following error:
A.png
The error looks like this in the 32-bit version:
C.png
This happens after I set Wave Candy to "Meter" using the square switch near the bottom and set the mode to "Vu", my regular setting.

Please attempt a fix as soon as possible! I have attached an example Wave Candy preset for your convenience, but you shouldn't need it.
Miscellaneous: the 64-bit version loads projects pretty fast, but the 32-bit version takes its sweet time on Morphine. The big M was always the slowest plugin to load but now it's three times slower than it was!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Delphinidae on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:06 am

x

Re: Wave Candy fatal error in all FL 11.1 versions (32/64 bi

Install this: http://forum.image-line.com/viewt...

reflex
Site Admin
Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:23 am

x

Re: Wave Candy fatal error in all FL 11.1 versions (32/64 bi

Neither the shared program files installer or t...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”