fl studio 8.5 seems to use up more cpu...

Here you can find (time limited) beta's for plugins & program components

Return to “Public Betas - Plugins & Components”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
livehouse
Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:00 pm

x

fl studio 8.5 seems to use up more cpu...

i am in the middle of workin some tracks in fl studio 8.... these are quite extensive tracks with alot going on so so the tracks are using up around 66% to 67% on the cpu meter....

so i loaded the exact same track in to fl studio 8.5 beta and the exact same track is using up 72% to 73%

around a 5% to 6% increase, i just feel, i like fl studio cos it usees the "less is more" theory , its simple and straightfoward and gets the job done with no nonsense things to complicate things.... but i just feel if stuff like that extra "play" button or those slighttly more fancy menu's system are gunna eat up slightly more cpu, i'll just stick with the flstudio 8 and not bother upgrading.... i mean that maybe 6% increase on my cpu now, but in 2 versions time that could b like 20%! and for what, just 'cos u have put some xtra big pics on each button or 'cos u have made fl studio play a lil audio file everytime u play a track like " fl studio is no going to play ur track " :) i just dont wanna see any gimmiky stuff in fl studio....

i guess itts hard on the imageline team though as u have made a perfect programe for making music, the way fl studio works is great and truthfuly i dont think theres a whole lot more u can do to improve this programe!

but personally i'd leave out the useless things like the big black text things when loading up a project, or the extra play button, or just stuff that like that just kinda makes it look a lil tacky 'cos generally i thought fl studio 8 looks real smart and professional, as theres no gimmiky things in it, its just pure functionality, no messing around, nah mean....

otherwise keep up the good work, imageline rule and if i ever make it big one day, and make it to ur "power user" section, i'll totally tell everyone how i owe it to fl studio 'cos theres no way i have the time for those other music production prgorames with take weeks to learn something which i did like instantly in fl studio, like just playing audio sounds seemed so overly complicated in other programes but fl studio, its just BAM there, everythings right there in front of u...

SO to sum this up, as fl studio has already proved: LESS IS MORE ;) so lets keep it that way :D and when in DOUBT, leave it OUT :)
Last edited by livehouse on Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:07 pm

x

Turn off threading for generators and effects (...

Navij11
Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:23 pm

x

Been using significantly less for me lately.

gol
Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:25 pm

x

Turn off threading for generators and effects (...

livehouse
Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:09 am

x

yep u were right, that exact button "multithre...

gol
Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:36 am

x

you can also arrange mixer tracks & disable...

Return to “Public Betas - Plugins & Components”