DIY Bit Crusher - a simple "How To" Guide.

Discuss & exchange FL SynthMaker presets here.

Return to “FL SynthMaker / FlowStone - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Mr. Raubana
Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:44 pm

x

DIY Bit Crusher - a simple "How To" Guide.

Making a Bit Crusher in Fl Studio is surprisingly easy!

I might not know the exact science behind how a bit crusher works, but I do know that a bit crusher is essentially something that takes an analog signal and, given a sample rate, first grabs a sample from the input and outputs that value for a duration before grabbing the next sample and repeating. This creates a stair-like effect. What's neat is that SynthMaker already has a module built into it that does exactly this: "Sample and Hold". By using this module with a set of two signals (one to be the sampled signal, the other to be the given "sample rate"), you are effectively creating the bit crushing effect!

Instead of giving you a project or a file, I'm going to instead give you an image. I find that this is an excellent introduction to Synth Maker, and it's really easy to make, so I'd recommend you guys to try creating this effect on your own.
bitcrush with SynthMaker.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Perfect Human
Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:24 am

x

Re: DIY Bit Crusher - a simple "How To" Guide.

It's not a "true" bitcrusher, though I had done...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL SynthMaker / FlowStone - Presets & Programming”