Edison "slave playback to host" ignores playlist loop points

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
HSJIII
Sat May 28, 2016 7:36 pm

x

Edison "slave playback to host" ignores playlist loop points

Steps to reproduce this:

(1) Add an edison to a mixer insert... add some long audio to it...
(2) slave edison to host
(3) add an empty automation clip to the playlist to extend playlist's full-length play time to equal the full length of the edison clip
(4) hit play on the studio's main transport, so it plays from edison... it should start playing your edison clip and it should be looping to the start when the playlist reaches the end of that automation clip.
(5) now add some loop points to the playlist, and listen to what happens.

Problem:
Edison should have been looped back to the same relative location as the playlist's loop point, but it wasn't... instead it restarted from the absolute beginning of the clip it stores, and looped from there to the length of the selected area in the playlist. It keeps looping from there... from the edison clip's start, rather than from the selected area.

What would have been hoped for / expected:
That Edison would have looped on the part of its audio clip which is relatively the same as the selected area in the playlist, in terms of length... so for example, if I had selected 3 seconds of audio, from 1 minute, 3 seconds ranging up to 1 minute and 6 seconds, within playlist, I would hope that Edison would be looping from 1 minute, 3 seconds, up to 1 minute and 6 seconds... and again, I say that because Edison's "slave playback to host" is selected, so it's supposed to act like it plays with the host, namely FL Studio, but it isn't really fully acting like it, here.

Reason to expect this:
If I click on the playlist in a location then the Edison synchronizes with where I clicked. It's only when the loop points are engaged and looping that this problem comes up.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”