5 bug reports

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
HSJIII
Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:37 am

x

5 bug reports

bugs: FL 10.0.9
1 there is a "noise invisibility" problem in spectroman, limiter display, and wave candy (perhaps other visual displays, as well such as maximus etc). I believe it has to do with the resolution of audible noise to the digital environment, and that could be either resolution of frequency or of duration. certain noise which gets through the compressor is not showing up graphically (on the displays), but it's still there (at extremely high volume, in cases). I suspect that the graphical display is not catching all frequencies, or that it is not catching all lengths of sound (i.e. less than .1ms or something) the result is that no graphical display is showing noise, but I'm certain that some non displayed louder-than-displayed noise is getting through in either short bursts or off-frequencies. I am quite certain of this, because the studio has been harming my ears (leaving them ringing, and hearing more quietly) at certain compressor settings, but the displays don't show the noise. This is a critical problem which could result in deafness for musicians, and also cause legal problems for image line. priority 1.

2 there is a "noise bleed" through limiter and fruity compressor & multiband compressor: 0 attack time (and 0ms ahead with limiter) with high ratio and low threshold still letting _some_ "raw" noise through. the raw noise is not picked up in spectroman. this is most easy to hear when the compressor is reducing large decibel volumes. it might be the result of short noise bursts and/or in-between frequencies getting through the compressor but being in between the frequency values displayed on the visual dynamic graphs...i recommend looking into noise duration first, because this issue seems "attack and ahead" related. i know the noise is getting through by the way my ears feel after working with FL for hours, when the compressor is lowering dBa in excess of 180 (estimate): the compressor at 0ms attack speed makes the noise quieter but leaves my ears sharply hearing adjusted at the end of the day. The only fix I know of for this is to extend the attack on the limiter and to use the "ahead" setting (no workaround for compressor or multiband) . Outside of that, I'm definitely experiencing ear problems from 0ms attack speed 0ms ahead noise bleed ...again, which is not picked up by spectroman... priority 1 because it could cause deafness. I did not check or any other compressors you might have embedded into channel effects.

That is TWO closely related bugs (Which are insidiously dangerous when they are put together): (1) the compressor's noise bleed and (2) also the failure to display it. I believe you might only be able to track this down with a high resolution analog oscilloscope on the out line (to the speakers)... that, I believe, would show it. As I mentioned in (1): These two problems (both 1 and 2) are critical problems which could result in deafness for musicians, and cause legal problems for image line. The combination of the two hides the problem from users. This is a priority 1.

3 go into playlist and change the name of an automation clip so you can see it from the top of its horizontal playlist bar, 5 minutes into the song... that means paste the same clip name about 400 times (because the name does not slide with the visible part of the automation clip). Do this for multiple clips. The studio gets into a "wanky" state and the ui (global volume adjuster) reacts more slowly. (yes, btw, it's an insanely long name but the name doesn't show on the clip...)

4 i have seen "ghost nobs" (mix level nobs) continue to spin after i remove their controller (fruity peak controller) and hit reset multiple times. it's an intermittent bug.

5 export to audio file format does not merge audio from mixer tracks which are routed to the same out as the master mixer channel's out. For instance, if I wanted to route drums around the master channel for compressor reasons, and I played the studio with drums going to the same out as the master channel's out, I would be able to hear them both... but if I export that project file to audio then the drums would not be included in the audio file. But I would expect the drums to be in that audio file, because I was able to hear them when I played the source project file in the studio.

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:21 am

x

Re: 5 bug reports

I would suggest trying FL 11.1 to see if the pr...

HSJIII
Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:18 am

x

I'm not filing this report to get a fix for FL1...

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:39 am

x

Could you post .flp files that show the problem...

HSJIII
Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:08 pm

x

Yes, basically to make 3 work, change the autom...

HSJIII
Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:12 pm

x

4 is intermittent, and i would literally have t...

HSJIII
Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:20 pm

x

Sorry, I don't have time to make all this... bu...

HSJIII
Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:35 pm

x

to make 1 and 2 happen, make a project add a 3...

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:08 pm

x

HSJIII wrote:Yes, basically to make 3 work, cha...

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:10 pm

x

HSJIII wrote:4 is intermittent, and i would lit...

HSJIII
Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:10 pm

x

Yes, "extremely long" meaning 4 minutes of song...

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:18 pm

x

HSJIII wrote:Yes, "extremely long" meaning 4 mi...

HSJIII
Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:22 pm

x

reflex wrote:HSJIII wrote:4 is intermittent, an...

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:29 pm

x

HSJIII wrote:I usually don't open that list of ...

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:30 pm

x

HSJIII wrote:put the analog oscilliscope onto t...

HSJIII
Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:36 pm

x

reflex wrote:HSJIII wrote:Yes, "extremely long"...

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:05 pm

x

HSJIII wrote:Yes, basically to make 3 work, cha...

gol
Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:06 pm

x

except that fl does not move the name of the cl...

HSJIII
Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:36 pm

x

reflex wrote:HSJIII wrote:I usually don't open ...

HSJIII
Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:41 pm

x

reflex wrote:HSJIII wrote:put the analog oscill...

HSJIII
Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:49 pm

x

gol wrote:except that fl does not move the name...

HSJIII
Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:55 pm

x

I also don't see the link between noise & ...

HSJIII
Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:37 pm

x

reflex wrote:HSJIII wrote:Yes, "extremely long"...

gol
Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:44 pm

x

This leads me to strongly desire the definite a...

HSJIII
Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:53 pm

x

What I mean is that because digital monitors on...

gol
Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:28 pm

x

What I mean is that because digital monitors on...

HSJIII
Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:49 am

x

reflex wrote:HSJIII wrote:Yes, basically to mak...

reflex
Site Admin
Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:25 am

x

What kind of names do you use for clips, btw (s...

gol
Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:14 am

x

What kind of names do you use for clips, btw (s...

HSJIII
Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:54 pm

x

They were comma-delimited, and about 40 charact...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”