.flp file corrupted during save power loss

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Martin_Britz
Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:13 pm

x

.flp file corrupted during save power loss

Hi.

I was working on a cool track and just when I was finished the power went out while I was saving the .flp
I save religiously and backup is disabled by default, its a fresh install of FLStudio so all I have now is a corrupt .flp file.
Regardless of what I should have or could have done to prevent it, it need not have happened if the save functionality worked like this:

1: Rename old project file to something e.g. _backup appended to the end of the name.
2: Save the project, creating a new file with the original file name.
3: When its finished delete the old file.

If the power goes out during step 1 the old data should still be intact
If it goes out in step 2 you at least still have the _backup file
If it goes out in step 3 you have the old and new files and you can test if the new one opens or not and still have the backup.

I learned a hard lesson today. If there is maybe something I can do, a temp folder or something I'm not aware of where I might still find a backup please let me know.

There is no 'backup' folder under data. I turned on show hidden files and tried the path manually, nothing there.
The recovery tool also didn't work.

Ultimately it was 100% preventable had you only implemented these simple measures.

All I have is a render from very early on:
Corrupted.mp3

reflex
Site Admin
Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:04 am

x

Re: .flp file corrupted during save power loss

Use Ctrl+N (Save new version) instead, it will ...

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:39 pm

x

Re: .flp file corrupted during save power loss

FL does save a backup version when you save, in...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”