Audio clips are losing bands of frequency after chopped

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
HSJIII
Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:35 am

x

Audio clips are losing bands of frequency after chopped

I recently had this setup: Two audio clips running in playlist, in parallel. I chopped them both, and inserted a piece of audio between them (in time, not literally on the same row). The "in between" clip was a fragment from one of the two audio clips. 32 bit, 192khz sample rate. When FL reached that spot where it was playing a "redundant" clip, it started cutting out many streaks of frequency from the audio out (consistent intervals, all the way up the spectrograph -- sounded terrible). It played fine before, but the instant it hit that particular spot, it stopped working properly. I made sure to test this with absolutely no FX or automation whatsoever... it had nothing to do with either.

I tried making that "in between" part into a unique clip, but that didn't help.

Then I tried deleting the middle clip entirely, and FL still did it.

The only way I could get it working was to delete all the chopped instances of the sample from playlist, so it only had one instance of each sample. Then it worked all the way through.

The only workaround I could find for the functionality of chopping audio clips was to export the pieces & reimport as a new file. When I did that it stopped breaking, and allowed me to play the "chopped" clips (which were no longer technically chopped anymore).

If you tell me this is somehow settings-based I will be floored...because it's unlike anything I've ever seen FL do, and I haven't knowingly changed any settings related to audio clips.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”