FL Studio can't find new VST's

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
saiyoucho
Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:22 pm

x

FL Studio can't find new VST's

Hello! I have sadly not been making any music for a long time now but when I reinstalled FL and tried to add my VST's I noticed it's not working anymore.

I have put C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugins\ and C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\ in the Browser extra search folders as usual but the program only detects the new plugins if I put them directly in the default directory at C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 11\Plugins\VST

I'm running Windows 8.1 on my new laptop where this issue is occuring. I never previously had this problem before so I'm not sure why it's happening now.
I also tried running the FL program exe as Administrator and in compatibility mode for Windows 7. None of these options made any difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It does work if I move absolutely everything to the default directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 11\Plugins\VST, but this isn't really an optimal solution after all.

reflex
Site Admin
Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:35 am

x

Re: FL Studio can't find new VST's

The "Browser extra search folders" are for samp...

saiyoucho
Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:34 pm

x

Oh. I was almost sure it worked with vst's befo...

reflex
Site Admin
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:00 pm

x

See this help file page for info about the VST ...

saiyoucho
Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:46 am

x

Thank you! This solved my problems. Now I just ...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”