Opening in x64 crashes, prevents project opening in both

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
spacefiddle
Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:18 pm

x

Opening in x64 crashes, prevents project opening in both

I previously got the error message about a missing .wav file, which turned out to be the missing Ogg Vorbis decoder. Installed the 64-bit decoder manually as described in the FAQ, and everything seemed to be working.

Today I started FL Studio 11.1.1 x64 from the desktop shortcut. Program started fine. Went to File and chose most recent project. Got no error message, just crashed with the below:
FL Studio_Exception Crash.png
Started the x86 version from desktop shortcut. Chose same project from Recent Projects. Again no error message, just crashed with the below:
FL Studio_New Crash1.png
FL Studio_New Crash2.png
Went to folder project was in and double-clicked it. It opened in x86 with no errors or warnings. Seems otherwise okay.

Attempted to open from the File... menu instead of Recent Projects. Same crashes as above.

Saved a new version. Went into General options of x86, unchecked "Associate with application." Closed x86 version. Started x64 version, and checked "Associate with application." Closed FL Studio, browsed to the new version of project, and double-clicked it. Program started, project began to load, and then instantly crashed again with no other message or warning:
FL Studio_Crash 3.png
Now neither the new nor old version of the project will open in either version by any method.

I am not sure if this is one bug or two, or more. It seems like any project I attempt to open in x64 then causes problems in both versions. The details have varied, but for days now, any project that x64 touches becomes broken. I have no 3rd-party plugins or much of anything, this is a plain-vanilla install of Producer edition. The only external sounds are from an audio clip recorded directly into Edison, saved to a .wav, and placed on the playlist.

EDIT: After closing everything after all the crashes, I see that there is still an FL64 process in task manager, taking up around 250 MB of memory. I killed the process, and now check after every crash, but the project still won't open in either version by any method.

I am going to try to get my project working again and then stick to the x86 version, 64-bit version has caused me nothing but trouble. If I didn't have so many backups I would have lost a lot of work this weekend.

EDIT again: no version of the project from the last few days will open in either version by any method. Not getting any error messages, just crashing. Going to reboot, uninstall, reboot, and reinstall, out of desperation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”