Edison undo buffer and envelope dots - backout is impossible

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
HSJIII
Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:38 pm

x

Edison undo buffer and envelope dots - backout is impossible

Steps:
1 Open an audio clip in Edison.
2 Make a change to the digitized audio ...doesn't matter what.
3 Open an Edison Envelope...doesn't matter what. Make a long and extensive envelope.
4 Observe that you can not undo your last changes to the digitized audio.

I understand this is happening because the envelope dot setting is stored as a change in the Edison undo buffer... however, the envelope is a "pending change" to the digitized audio until it is applied. The user might want to back out of this envelope after starting the process... I imagine that is the entire reason the changes are not applied to the digitized audio itself, immediately after a dot is set... however, the current design of Edison forces you to lose your entire digitized audio edit history buffer if your envelope is elaborate enough (i.e. has too many dots). Although it's survivable with sufficient preparation, such as copying pasting into multiple edisons as you work, that can rapidly fill up the memory in FL, and ultimately result in an environment where there is no more memory to continue. In the ideal case, I imagine the Edison Undo buffer would be branched, with one for dots and envelope changes, and the other for changes to the actual digitized audio.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”