Sytrus Bipolar Waveshaper Creates Render Error

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Juice-tin
Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:15 am

x

Sytrus Bipolar Waveshaper Creates Render Error

I discovered a strange situation where Sytrus gives render errors. It has stopped a whole project from rendering.
ScreenCapture_7-27-2015 1.36.03 AM.wmv
To reproduce:
1) Send an operator through either of Sytrus's filters,
2) Enable the bipolar waveshaper (unipolar doesn't give this error), and
3) Try to render a low pitched note.

What defines a "low pitched" note? It seems to vary. As far as I know there's not a constant pitch below which rendering will fail for every preset I've tested.
I've also noticed it doesn't always produce this error at all depending on the preset or the operator.
I just did a test where the only variable was the waveform of the operator entering the filter with the bipolar waveshaper enabled. It failed to render the square and saw wave but the triangle and sine wave rendered without a hitch.

So, I'm not sure what exactly that causes this, but it's absolutely linked to the bipolar waveshaper, the pitch of the note being rendered, and the waveform/shape of the operator being distorted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

reflex
Site Admin
Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:15 am

x

Re: Sytrus Bipolar Waveshaper Creates Render Error

There's actually still a bug left in the bipola...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”