FL 12.1.2 Wrong Plugin Loading in FX From 12.0.2 DB.

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Fairlight2cx
Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:32 am

x

FL 12.1.2 Wrong Plugin Loading in FX From 12.0.2 DB.

In FL 12.1.2, I was trying to load Wave Candy to the master insert. I did this from the FX load arrow menu. It instead loaded Zebrify, for whatever reason, which was two rows down. I tried loading a plugin from two rows up, but that didn't get me Wave Candy either. :/

Having read the same response over and over in Looptalk to people with plugin issues, I did a deep scan/verify and retried. Same results after the scan.

However, from the Plugin Picker, Wave Candy was accessible.

What's kind of odd is that I know that with the same plugins, it worked fine in 12.0.2. I know because I had a project which I took to 12.0.2, and that was where I added Wave Candy...at the end of the project. So this is new behaviour in 12.1.2.

Seems there's a bug in the menu. :( Please fix. I -hate- the Plugin Picker. Always have. I'm a menu person.

EDIT: The problem is the instance of Wave Candy in the alphabetised favourites. The instance that's in the categories that come with FL works, even from the menu. It's still incorrect behaviour.

EDIT 2: I just removed the free-standing Wave Candy. I tried inserting WoW2, and I got ZGameEditor Visualisation. The menu is bloody unusable. This is incredibly frustrating. :(

EDIT 3: Okay, I nuked the entire Plugin Database directory. I re-scanned. (Still not seeing anywhere to switch from alphabetical to categorised, btw...is there any way, short of reinstalling?) After I checked all the correct boxes in the More... windows, it finally lets me get at all the plugins correctly. It was -not- liking something about the 12.0.2 version of the database. Oh, but I found a bug. It'll create the Plugin Database folder over again. It'll create Installed and the subfolders there. It will -not- create Effects and Generators in the top-level of the database. So anything you do as far as More... tick boxes, or adding from the browser, is a complete no-op until you make those by hand, if you've nuked your directory. Nasty.

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:40 pm

x

Re: FL 12.1.2 Wrong Plugin Loading in FX From 12.0.2 DB.

So it goes wrong if you select the "flat displa...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”