Add a new audio device & FL "forgets" all project ins/outs

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
HSJIII
Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:24 am

x

Add a new audio device & FL "forgets" all project ins/outs

If you add a new sound device to your system, or if you change your asio 4 all settings (which devices are active) FL will forget all project level device settings. It appears to make no attempt at all to "reconnect" the ins and outs with their former arrangement, even if you reconnect the same device back the way it was before. In some cases, this is a fatal kiss of death for projects which use alot of ins/outs, as reconnecting them is not very likely unless you were extremely careful labeling mixer inserts.

I think it would be best if FL made some kind of effort to remember what things were like before, or at least to remind what they were set to, before. Inputs and outputs are absolutely vital project settings. They should not simply be lost.

By the way, this problem has plagued me for years, but I never really thought of it as a bug until now... but the more I reflect on it, it definitely is one.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”