Effector crashed environment

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
HSJIII
Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:32 am

x

Effector crashed environment

I'm sorry that the details are sparse on this, but I just accidentally clicked to add effector from my plugins list, and it crashed not just FL, but the entire system. Nothing on the system would behave properly afterwards, and FL completely went black screen... froze... audio stopped... everything... It did not terminate itself, and it could not be terminated using task manager.

FL 64 11.1.1 Windows 7 64

Of course, because the system crashed and I had to reboot, there is nothing to upload to show you this. I've run effector on this system before and didn't have this problem. I'm not sure if that was because I tested it on 32 bit FL or what.

Anyhow, I'm unable to expand on the nature of this bug, because there's nothing to upload and to be honest I wasn't even trying to launch effector. I can mention that there was audio already going through the mixer insert when the effector plugin was added, however... and that it crashed instantly.

So I'm putting this here, not necessarily expecting that it will be enough to fix the problem, or to track it down, but to provide a piece of the puzzle to help you isolate it when the facts start coming together to form a sensible conclusion about it.

HSJIII
Mon May 16, 2016 2:17 pm

x

Re: Effector crashed environment

I'm reconfirming this bug. I just had the same...

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:10 am

x

So it's happened twice in a few months? If it...

HSJIII
Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:19 pm

x

reflex wrote:So it's happened twice in a few mo...

reflex
Site Admin
Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:15 am

x

HSJIII wrote:reflex wrote:So it's happened twic...

HSJIII
Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:58 am

x

reflex wrote:HSJIII wrote:reflex wrote:So it's ...

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:22 pm

x

HSJIII wrote:I don't run FL 12. I didn't like ...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”