FL doesn't properly recover from corrupted project files

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
HSJIII
Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:04 pm

x

FL doesn't properly recover from corrupted project files

FL has twice within the past 2 days failed to open project files from two completely independent projects. When it does this, it presents a message that the project file is corrupted and can not be opened. FL saved these project files... one of them under dubious conditions (post-Edison-memory-use-exceeded crash. FL32)... file saved after that... but the other was saved with no crash or bug circumstances at all visible in FL64. The second of these should NOT have been corrupted... nothing weird was being done in the project...

Now that FL thinks these project files are corrupted I have to contend that it does not properly handle the situation. A corrupted project file is a NON TRIVIAL THING. It reflects HOURS... perhaps WEEKS OR MONTHS OF WORK. So why is FL content to simply tell me it's a corrupted file, rather than to go into rescue mode of some kind? This should be built in. I know there is a utility I downloaded from here, once, which helps to do that (to remove plugins until a project can load again)... but FL doesn't automatically offer to open this to rescue my project file. I think it should, and it's a bug that it doesn't... because lost work can be a massive problem if it happens at the wrong time, because FL should be saving properly and should be offering recovery if/when it can't. That would very often reroute a request to your customer support to a much more streamlined process.

So anyhow, in the meantime I know I have the rescue utility on my HD somewhere, but it is buried in years of other things, and I don't remember which one does/did the rescue. So as a sidenote to all this, is there a link to that?

HSJIII
Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:33 pm

x

Re: FL doesn't properly recover from corrupted project files

Incidentally, I just launched the recovery util...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”