VSL Vienna Ensemble 2 Bug in FLStudio 8.5.0 (beta)

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Snoku
Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:31 pm

x

VSL Vienna Ensemble 2 Bug in FLStudio 8.5.0 (beta)

I have a bug with the VSL Vienna Ensemble 2.
It seems to have some problems with the variable buffer sizes and the multithreading in FLStudio. However it can be used (even without fixed size buffer) in FLStudio 8.0.2 by turning the multithreading for it OFF. If multithreading is ON in FLStudio 8.0.2 FLStudio freezes as soon as the "Use fixed size buffers" option is deactivated ... with multithreading OFF it doesn't.
With multithreading on it's by the way nearly impossible to get a clear tone out of the plugin, without multithreading it works.

But now in the Beta even with multithreading totally turned OFF it does not work. As soon as I try to load it without fixed size buffers the FLStudio freezes.
With "Use fixed size buffers" option on it can be loaded, but like I said it's really hard to get a clear tone out of it .. actually I only get clear tones, if I use an ASIO buffer size of 128 samples or lower. Everything above leads to very strong digital artefacts.

I already wrote VSL about that problem. I think they're not very familar with FLStudio and the variable buffer sizes thing. Maybe you could work together to find a solution for this problem.
Remember, in FLStudio I can get the plugin to work if I turn multithreading off ... in the new beta this doesn't work anymore.

Snoku
Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:43 am

x

Any word on this issue?

reflex
Site Admin
Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:06 am

x

Nothing's really changed when it comes to multi...

Snoku
Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:34 am

x

No sorry. I missed to try it in the earlier bet...

Snoku
Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:37 am

x

I'm currently mailing with Paul Steinbauer from...

reflex
Site Admin
Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:08 pm

x

Snoku wrote:I'm currently mailing with Paul Ste...

Snoku
Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:20 pm

x

Thanks for your answer, I just mailed his addre...

Snoku
Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:18 am

x

Hmmm ... still not working in the final version...

reflex
Site Admin
Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:01 am

x

Snoku wrote:Hmmm ... still not working in the f...

Snoku
Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:11 pm

x

The WizooVerbW2 makes FLStudio displaying 99% C...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”