Focusrite 2i4 issues

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Tygron
Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:41 pm

x

Focusrite 2i4 issues

So I just got a Focusrite 2i4 to replace my Tascam US144MKII due to Tascam not supporting it on Windows 10 and it's over time become completely unusable. I'd heard a lot of good about Focusrite so I figured i'd give their interface that appeared to be more or less the same thing as the Tascam except they actually support Windows 10 and this thing is newer.

In FL Studio using their driver under ASIO gives me the best in latency but the play head is wherever it feels like. There's also a bit of crackle coming from underruns. Under direct audio it works fine except I can't get an acceptable latency out of it.

Under its own ASIO settings I have the buffer size set to 16 but the sample rate doesn't want to change to anything other than 44.1 kHz. I suppose that's not too big an issue but I was gonna just crank it to the max cause I figured I could. I can't get it a step higher than 44.1 and that's the lowest it goes.

I figure i've got settings wrong somewhere. I'd rather not have to return this interface because I don't know what else to get and i'm not going back to Tascam with their incompetence (had other issues with their interface and I just rather not deal with it).

EDIT: Raising the buffer to 256 seemed to help a bit along with hybrid or mixer (not sure which is better on that) seemed to make it behave better. Not sure it's perfect and if I can get the latency down it'd be nice but it seems to at least just be working now.

nsl76
Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:45 pm

x

Re: Focusrite 2i4 issues

You may want to try the latest driver that have...

FidelityMusic
Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:07 pm

x

Re: Focusrite 2i4 issues

Hello Tygron, Tygron wrote:In FL Studio using ...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”