Licensing issue...

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ouch67
Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:04 am

x

Licensing issue...

So here is the story, I bought a keyboard with the boxed edition of FL Studio: producer edition for $350 off of ebay about a year ago. The seller gave me a copy of his login info and was told to change all the account settings. I did, but the name that the FL Studio reg file was registered to never changed. I figured this was just because the info was just changed and had yet to be updated...

Well a year later I decide that I really like fl studio, and I wanted to upgrade to the signature edition plus some plugins (as per your excellent $45 sale) but I noticed my name still isn't in the reg file. So I decided to start digging around on the net and I see numerous forum posts (I wasn't registered on this forum till today. And it hides a good portion of posts making it useless until you do) Saying that you actually can't transfer your license. I found links to a knowledge base article confirming it. So basically I'm in a licensing limbo, I own FL Studio: Producer edition and have been using it for about a year... But I don't really own it apparently...

I uploaded a picture of the box, manual, and CD to prove that I do actually own my copy. But ultimately I guess My account is at the mercy of Image Line at this point.

But regardless of what is decided. Can I make a suggestion on the the user account pages?

If you look at the personal data page it looks like everything user related is changeable... (Name, address, phone, etc...) And it actually is... This would lead me to believe that I could transfer my license to someone else simply by giving them my login info.
I would recommend changing it so that the name field is grayed out with a question mark after it. When the user hovers over the question mark have one of those bubbles come up explaining that the license is non transferable but to change the name they can click a link in the bubble that enables the field. This way you don't lose any functionality with the website, and people won't put their copy on ebay thinking they can transfer licenses simply by giving out login info either like you can with other software.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

reflex
Site Admin
Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:52 am

x

Re: Licensing issue...

You can try submitting a support ticket to have...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”