FLS kills sysex send by synthmaker to numbered midi-out-port

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Helmut
Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:21 pm

x

FLS kills sysex send by synthmaker to numbered midi-out-port

Hi there,

I'm going to create a dashboard using fl-synthmaker. Currently I downgraded to fl-synthmaker 1.1.7 because 2.0.5 and 2.0.7 will crash for me every time when I try to usen the midi-out component (refer to http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 33#p692033).

My requirements are:
- sending to a mid-out-port# midi notes from sequencer and keyboard
- sending to a midi-out-port# sysex messages
- both must use a single midi-port because the external device is connected to a single mid-port only

But as far I can see using a "virtual looback midi-cable" and MIDI-OX as the data dump monitor sysex messages are only sent to the destination when the midi-out device is directly used by fl-synthmaker (and there is NO number assigned to it by fl-studio in the midi settings, so the port is free and not assigned).

This is for a working input too which needs to be totally unassigned/non-numbered by fl-studio to have a working midi-in in fl-synthmaker. Oh my god, this must be a bug, I hope!

As soon I've assigned the midi-out device a number (I use 99 here) the sysex don't arrive at the destination, only some CC messages arrive there.

Although the used "virtual looback midi-cable" (loopbe1) allows 8 clients, fl-synthmaker refused to open the port when I've assigned the midi-out device a midi-out-port a number with "already used by another application".

But how send both midi notes and sysex thru a device which is connected via a single midi connection?
I suppose the filtering out of sysex messages is a bug in fl-studio, because I've read in the forum here fl-studio supports sysex output already before the current release 10.0.9.

I've tried several fl-synthmaker dashboards, most of them trying the way thru the fl-studio numbered (assigned) midi-out-port. No data arrives at the destination, as far I can see in MIDI-OX!
At least when I use them as shown here: "FL SynthMaker Dashboard Tutorial"

P.S.: Once fl-synthmaker was attached to non-numbered (free, not assigned) midi ports I cannot assign (giving a port number again) them to fl-studio after closing the project. I have to restart fl-studio!

Maybe I just did something wrong here. Then please help me and make me "see". Thanks in advance!

Kind regards
Helmut
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Helmut
Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:55 am

x

Re: FLS kills sysex send by synthmaker to numbered midi-out-

Update: Using 2.0.5 / 2.0.7 I may send note + s...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”