EzGenerator V4 forum

Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
MEB
Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:46 pm

x

Shop online admin - mobile friendly

Hi,

More and more clients are asking to be able to manage their shops on the go on mobile devices.

Selecting template_source with zero formatting permits that almost 100%

A lowest end mobile device possible spec in my opinion is the 800 x 480 screen that most smartphones and cheap 7" tablets offer (320x240 is basically unusable for much more that to confirm an order or change stock status, etc)

In experimenting with the admin layout while setting the browser to 480 px wide we stumble upon a few areas where fixed width areas in the admin area prevent us from working at 480 pixels.

Observations:

GENERAL:
-Sitemap: Very good almost 100% usable at 480 px
- User config: almost 100% usable at 480 px except email log, registration parameters. The form fields use" maxlength="255" style="width:500px"
-Manage groups: Would be ok if not again for 500px fields
-Email log: almost 100% usable at 480 px
-Access log: 100% usable

-SHOP:
All orders: 100% ok
Confirmed orders: 100% ok
-Categories: Pretty good, but some fields could be reduced or made width "100%"
-Products: Would be ok if not also for 500pxwide fields
-Stock: Presents the greatest challenge, requires at lest 775px wide to function. The recently widened product code field, takes a lot of space (it could be shorter, what is required is to hold 20 characters, but one can scroll to read inside a smaller field aperture.
-Coupons: 100% ok
-Settings: 100% ok, both pages, fields all stretch nicely with code:(<input class="input1" type="text" style="width:99%;

Innovator:
The main HTML editor is super responsive. The challenge is its image file upload pane needing 760px to work!!

Conclusion:
As more people go mobile, tweeking the admin layouts a bit will benefit clients a lot, including the users who sign-up and want to log-in and check their profile and shop order history etc.

I believe rhe changes required are relatively small (changing fields from "fixed" width to "100%", etc)

The comments in this post are valid for other active pages (Blog, Calendar, etc) but I have not reviewed them to present any kind of report.

Hopefully you can make a few changes to make a template_source shop online admin a more intuitive tool for mobile use.

Thank you

miro (staff)
Site Admin
Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:40 am

x

Re: Shop online admin - mobile friendly

hi do you use one of the 'full screen ca layou...

MEB
Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:05 pm

x

Hi, Yes I have tried them before and today loo...

miro (staff)
Site Admin
Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:33 pm

x

hi in latest update i added extra button to a...

Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”