Problem with shop/orders DB getting too big.

EzGenerator V4 forum

Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Catclaw
Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:43 am

x

Problem with shop/orders DB getting too big.

Hi everybody.

Thanks a lot for the last time. Color-coding the shop backadmin really helped us out. Not a single Bitcoin (or other crypto-currency) wasted since then. :)

However, an another problem emerged.

Right now, there're almost 6800 orders in the shop DB, increasing fast, why it takes a very long time to load (Almost a minute.) and the sites new DB has been online for only 2 months.
The thing is that we've got to save all the orders for 5 years due to legal requirements regarding digital/virtual currencies.
At the same time, our customers need to be able to access their transaction-history and we need also to do the same. (To make sure there's no money laundering, fraud or financing of terrorism, etc.)
Our order-volume is also increasing very, very fast. It's only Tuesday and we've already received over 1000 orders since Monday morning. Bitcoins are getting a lot of media attention, and yesterday another company went live with the first Swedish Bitcoin ATM. (And it was all over the news...)
There´re only two other virtual currency exchanges in Sweden, and we're the biggest one, so everybody are coming to our site. 1 of the other 2 is offline, due to problems with their site, and the other one (the company which introduced the ATM yesterday) uses a very complicated site and they only sell BTC, while we sell between 4 and 6 different crypto-currencies, besides BTC. (Depending on workload.)

At this rate, the shop backadmin will be next to impossible to access in a couple of weeks.
We've recently upgraded our web-server and it's currently using 6 cores and 8 GB memory, and it's still very slow when loading the orders list.

I was wondering if it's possible to split up the backadmin further, so only unconfirmed orders will be loaded, instead of all orders? There's already a section with confirmed orders, why it would be like a natural step in the development of centraladmin.

My boss is very pleased with EzGenerator, so we've also decided to create a free web-shop API for payment processing that can be easily used by EZG-sites to receive payments in Bitcoins or Litecoins. We're actually using a part of it already, for people who wants to sell their Bitcoins. Example at http://www.btcx.se/sellcur.html (Notice: Site is still in Swedish only - we're working on the English version, but are having trouble with duplicating language in EZG that crashes and gives an access violation error.)

Sorry for this very long post.
I hope it's possible to help us out.
If you need to access the centraladmin or any other part of the site for investigation, you're welcome to contact me anytime.

Sincerely yours,

miro (staff)
Site Admin
Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:40 am

x

Re: Problem with shop/orders DB getting too big.

hi will try to do something about it more inf...

miro (staff)
Site Admin
Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:16 pm

x

hi can you update to latest version and check ...

miro (staff)
Site Admin
Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:28 pm

x

hi i will need access the ca to check this ezg...

Catclaw
Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:28 pm

x

Server workload is still peaking when I go to t...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”