EzGenerator V4 forum

Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Dhahii
Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:27 pm

x

Feature Request: Reviewer Blogger's Rating System

Hi there!

Would it be possible to include an internal rating system for blogs that allow the blogger to rate something?

As far as I can see, this would have to be some kind of option in the blog page when writing a post (i.e. you turn it on or off for a particular post).

It would have to add to the page in such a way that data highlighting would work (for Google)

It would also be nice to be able to choose whether it was stars, number, etc, much like the existing rating system that allows readers to rate blog posts.

This would be very useful for blogs that review movies, books, music, or any product, service or entertainment that can be reviewed!

It could potentially be taken a little further than a single review option (e.g. rating out of 5 stars) to a multiple option that calculates an overall score (thus, if reviewing lawnmowers, you could have categories - set up in the blog settings or in a new section, perhaps - such as "Performance", "Ease of Use", "Durability" and so on). Indeed, it would probably reach a point where the ideal setup would be to have a section within the blog page menu in the admin that allows you to set up different review options (let's say you review movies, books, concerts and music) so that you could choose via a dropdown on the blog post entry page which option you require according to what your blog post is reviewing. Each of the options in this Drop down would have their own scoring schemes so that you could rate "Value of Money" for a concert, but leave that option out for the rest. And you could then have "presentation" for a CD or Record, while that would not apply to a movie, and so on ...

I can imagine that this would be useful for a few people, at least ... ;) Definitely me, though ...

But stage one (a simple ability to rate out of 5 stars) would be good.

NB: It would also be nice to be able to choose the graphics within the interface for rated and unrated points ... ;) And this would also be nice for the existing system that allows the blog posts to be rated by readers, etc ...

Cheers!
Last edited by Dhahii on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

miro (staff)
Site Admin
Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:31 pm

x

Re: Feature Request: Reviewer Blogger's Rating System

hi yes, it's clear to me, but we don't have su...

Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”