EzGenerator V4 forum

Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
buz
Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:48 pm

x

Next Gen

Hi all,

I have been using EZG for well over 10 years - Thanks Miro for creating a unique piece of technology that will be long remembered after the bulk of crap, half baked software products promoted as the next big thing are forgotten (a daily occurrence for many ..).

I too am dismayed that the frantic development, features, advances and support efforts that have gone into the EZG program of work is now ended. We are left with an amazing application, that will likely remain in use for another 10 or more years. I for one however, am relieved that the feature set is now stalled - I would have liked this to have happened years ago to enable the dev team to focus on code robustness and stability. Its hard to keep producing new features whilst simultaneously releasing proven stable product.

At the end of the day, there must be a commercial basis to enable ongoing dev/support - I wonder if there is the possibility for Image-Line to facilitate a bug fix only support volunteer team to maintain the viability of ongoing use of the current product baseline. (maybe on the back of paid annual support licence). I don't want new features - Just to know the version I have will continue to work - because there is enough in the product to keep me happy for the next few years.

In any case - Thanks Miro and team - What an amazing showpiece, and professional efforts to keep a lot of technical wanabe's happy, productive and successful in their IT efforts for so long....

Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”