About the names of the files you create/use.

EzGenerator V4 forum

Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Atanas Angelov
Site Admin
Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:30 pm

x

About the names of the files you create/use.

Hello guys,

I believe you've seen many times, when downloading something for some reason, or just opening it in the browser to check it, the names like "01c415fbe786396e74450de275.jpg" or "What, if I'm able to ask, is this.avi".
Well, in fact first one is pretty acceptable name, as there are only digits, but second one definitely will take you at some point to a dead end.
(And first one looks ugly, after all, and you neither have idea what this is, if you save it, nor you know what it is if you just see it's name on the web. You have to agree with this, haven't you?)

Here are some simple rules you may want to follow, to prevent silly situations or part of the sites not working:
  • Use only lower case letters. CoMBinINg them may not work as you expect. (only first letter of the word to be capital is somehow acceptable)
  • Do not use "special characters" for the names. Such as commas, dots, and all punctual signs. Best way to make filenames is - only letters, underscore or plus (for the spaces) and always long enough to know what is there, but nothing more. That's all.
  • Do not duplicate names and do not use single character names. Files like "a.jpg" and "2.mp3" are not recognizable either.
That's in short. If you have other useful ideas about this topic, feel free to share them with us!

3vil_tw1n
Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:52 am

x

Illegal file prefixes

I came across a problem with rollover buttons t...

Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”